Friday, July 20, 2012

Blog 107: A Point of Self Analysis and Appraisal


By Vernon M. Herron

Dr. Ione D. Vargus, Professor and Dean Emerita, Founder/Director Family Reunion Institute at Temple University-Philadelphia, PA recently wrote “the blogs continue to be interesting” and concluded with reference to my “writing and delivery skill.”
   
Not only did those remarks find residence in an appreciative heart but a process was invigorated which traced the source and nurture of those skills. For days, I thought; and thought; and thought!  I concluded that the spending of over fifty years  preparing, writing and delivering sermons was the major contributor to my skills in blog writing.

Thanks to the discipline of preaching and thank you Dr. Vargus for your observation.

(See blog 22 for more description of Dr. Vargus’ work)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage the respectful expression of your thoughts. However, if deemed disrespectful, your comments will be removed.