Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blog 129: Man and Wife

By Vernon M. Herron
Photography by William Youngblood


     This is the third and final blog article on the rediscovery of the Black family. Mrs. Cox so eloquently describes the love of her life in the following manner.


Dr. and Mrs. Robert Cox

     My mate is my life's partner because of his many wonderful innate characteristics and ideologies.  He is respectful, considerate, loving, kind, unselfish and thoughtful--all characteristics that are key in developing a lasting relationship.  He is responsible, dependable, resourceful, has a great  work ethic, and has always provided for our family. 
     My mate believes that God should come first in a relationship and then all else develops around Him.  We have been married forty seven (47) wonderful years.  We discovered each other in high school and maintained our relationship through college which resulted in marriage upon completion of college. 
     We both realize that one has to work at building a relationship instead of "throwing in the towel" when the least problem arises.  We also realize that a degree of individuality is needed in a relationship and that each partner has to accept the other for what he/she is and whatever changes they undergo.    
Beatrice A. Cox



Mr. and Mrs. Lonnie Newsom

     After 47 years of marriage, I can truly say that Lonnie is my life partner. Those years have been filled with many memorable experiences from the birth of our two children, successfully melting two extended families into one, and sharing all the special moments that give you your “life’s road map.”.
     Our faith in God has kept us grounded; we both love the Lord and try to treat everyone with courtesy and respect.  Lonnie has always encouraged me to be the best I can be and I love that about him.  I am unabashedly impressed by his honesty and level headedness and his lack of “crazy.”
     One of my biggest fears was that we would grow old and dull together, but that is so not us!  We enjoy each other and have fun; and more, importantly, he makes me laugh.
Juanita Newsom


Mr. and Mrs. Jack Massey

     My mate is my life partner because he has always loved, protected and provided for our family. The dictionary lists several definitions for the word partner: companion, ally and a person who shares with another. All of these describe what our relationship has been and continues to be. I am grateful and thankful to God for it.
Willie May Massey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage the respectful expression of your thoughts. However, if deemed disrespectful, your comments will be removed.